A complete overview on Arthritis
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a very common disease that may occur in people of all ages, sex & races. In fact, it is not a single disease. In general people understand arthritis as joint pain in knees but is much more than that. It is the leading cause of disability in USA.
According to a report more than 50 million adults and 3 lakh children are suffering from some or the other forms of arthritis. It becomes more common and frequent with people who have crossed 40. Women have been found more vulnerable to this.
What the symptoms associated with Arthritis?
Symptoms may come and go. Sometimes they can effect you in a mild. moderate, or severe way. Many a times they disappear for a part of time and may attack back with severe consequences. They may stay as same for several of years. They may also progress and get worsen overtime. It is important to be conscious even about the mild effects that are causing trouble as it can get worsened overtime.
Its symptoms include :
- Decreased range of motion.
Types And Causes
The two main types of Arthritis are –
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Osteoarthritis – It is one of the most common type of arthritis. It involves the wear and tear damage to your joint’s cartilage. In some cases, if damage caused is more severe then bone grinding over bone may happen. The wear and tear occurs due to ageing or it may happen due to some prior injuries.
Rheumatoid Arthritis – In this type, the bodies immune system attacks the lining of joint capsule. This lining is also known as Synovial Membrane. The lining gets inflated and swollen. In most of the cases, if not taken care properly it damages the cartilage and the bone inside.
Risk Factor involved :
Following are the risk factors involved :
- Age – The risk of increases with an increase in age.
- Hierarchy – Family hierarchy is one of the most important factor. If your family has suffered from any of the types in past, then you are most likely to develop it.
- Joint Injuries – If you have injured your joint in past, then the risk of being affected from it increases.
- Obesity – People who have excess of fats in their body, gains more weight. This weight gain puts stress on joints, knees. http://curiotherapy.com/reduce-belly-fat-effective-proven-ways/. This increases a high risk of arthritis.
There are several treatment methods available depending upon its types. They include :
- Medications – cures simply by drugs
- Advanced Therapies – sometimes certain advanced therapies are used to get rid of it depending upon its type.
- Joint Surgery – There are different types of joint surgeries available. It is the last option if all other treatment methods fail.