What are the main causes of prickly heat !!
Heat rash or prickly heat develops when some of your sweat ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria, such as Staphylococcus epidermidis, a common bacterium that occurs on the skin and is also associated with acne and pimples.
Heat rashes is an irritation of the skin. It is caused by excessive sweating during hot and humid weather. It can occur at any age and gender. But it is most common in babies and children
If bacteria go inside of sweet gland, then it can lead to inflammation that appears as a rash. The blockage of sweat gland can cause rashes. Anything that causes sweat can cause rashes.
Causes of heat rash :
Till it’s not always clear why the sweat ducts become blocked!! But certain factors seem to play a role, including:
- Immature sweat ducts – A baby and children sweat ducts are not fully developed. So, they can rupture more easily, trapping perspiration beneath the skin. Heat rash can develop in the first week of life, especially if the infant or baby is being warmed in an incubator, is dressed too warmly or has a fever.
- Prolonged bed rest – Heat rash can also occur due to the longtime bed rest, especially if they have a fever.
- Hot climate – Generally, heat rashes occurs in the hot and humid climate.
- Sleeping under an electric blanket – If you sleep under an electric blanket, then you are at the risk of heat rash because the blanket makes your environment hot.
- Wearing too many cloths – Wearing many clothes especially in winter, can increase the risk of rashes.
- Sitting close to fire – Sitting too close to fire or heat can make rashes on your skin.
- Some medication – Some medication that can raise the body’s temperature may make rashes on your skin.
- Wear tight clothes – In tight clothes, the evaporation of sweat is prevented and makes rashes.
- Oil-based cosmetic – Using oil-based cosmetic can make your skin rashes.
- Sun exposure – Sun exposure can make rashes on your skin.
- Side effects of medication – Some side effects of medication can make rashes on your skin.
- Fair skin – Fair skin person is more prone to develop these rashes.