Chikungunya is an infectious disease caused by CHKV-virus …
Chikungunya is an viral disease transmitted to humans due to the bite of infected female mosquitoes. It occurs due to the virus CHKV. These virus circulate in lots of animals, birds and rodents.
The mosquito which causes this disease are :
- Aedes albopictus
- Aedes aegypti
Generally, these mosquito bite human being during the day. These mosquitoes are known to bite outdoors, aedes aegypti can also bite indoors.
The virus that causes fever, lasts a few days and joint pain can lasts in weeks or months. Generally, its symptoms occurs within a period of 4 to 8 days. The symptoms of this disease are related to dangerous fever. The most common symptoms of this disease, including –
Diagnosis & Treatment :
Since this disease is caused by viruses in most of the cases and viruses don’t carry out metabolic process , so one cannot simply go for an Antibiotics unless there is a Bacterial Infection. Your doctor can suggest you blood test to check the disease.
Here is a list of remedies that one should go for :-
General Advice :
- Drink plenty of water so that the water lost in the form of heat can be recovered.
- Drink fruit juice and eat salad. The nutrients found in them boosts immune system.
- A healthy and nutritious food diet helps in fast recovery and provides immune to body to fight from external agents.
- Take rest. It is suggested not to go for any physical work until you are back to normal.
Medicational Advice :
- Pain killer helps in providing relief from headaches and body pain.
- Medicines can prove to be of great help in case of a bacterial infection. One can easily get medicines from the pharmacy .
- Wearing that types of cloths which covers your whole body.
- Staying Indore as much as possible.
- Avoid to traveling the infected area.
- Sleep under a mosquito net.
- Using mosquito coils.
- Keep to cover yourself.
- During daytime, stay extra safe.
- After using toilet, keep its seat down.
- Change the water of flower pot.
- Don’t let water store around your house.
- Use mosquito prevent cream.
- Sprinkle DDT ( Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane ) in every 15 days.
Some Facts :
- This disease causes by CHKV virus.
- The main symptom of this disease are joint pain and fever.
- There are no any vaccines for this disease.
- It can diagnosed by a blood test.
Note : Click Here to know about Zika Virus.