Cholera is an infectious disease that usually causes severe diarrhea and dehydration …
Cholera is a serious infectious disease which occurs due to several watery diarrhea which guide to dehydration and can kill within hours if left untreated. It occurs due to ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacterium Vibrio cholerae.
It remains a global threat to the public health. According to a survey, millions are people are affected with this disease and lacks of people deaths worldwide due to cholera.
This disease has the grater risk in the area of that countries who affected by war, poverty, and natural disasters.
Vibrio cholerae, the bacteria which causes this disease, enters to your body through your mouth by eating foods or drinking water which contaminated with your waste, due to poor hygiene.
Some common sources :
- Intake of uncovered food.
- Drinking impure water.
- Eating unwashed and uncooked food, vegetable and seafood.
- Using the ice made from municipal water.
Sign and Symptoms :
In some cases, the symptoms can begin as soon as a few hours. But sometimes, its symptoms starts as long as five days after infection. Often, symptoms are mild.
Common symptoms of cholera include:
- Sudden onset of diarrhea
- Sunken eyes
- Mild to severe dehydration
- Low blood presser
- Severe drowsiness
- Reduced urine output
- Dry mouth
- Shriveled skin
- Extreme thirst
Home Remedies :
Drink homemade ORS :
Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) can help reduce the intensity of symptoms and aid quick recovery.
- Take a jug.
- Add 2 liter of clean water in it.
- Now, add half small spoon of salt in it.
- Add 6 small spoons of sugar in it.
- Mix it well.
Drink this solution as many times as possible until you recover completely.
Ginger is a pure anti-biotic which helps to fight with infection and cure cholera.
- Take a small ginger.
- Grind it.
- Take a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix the grind ginger in it.
- Take it.
Drink Herbal tea :-
The use of Herbal Tea is perfect for stress. It helps to release healthy properties of antioxidants. It should be used regularly as powerful remedy for it.
- Clean some Tulsi leaves with water.
- Now, Take a bowl.
- Add 1 cup Water, Tulsi leaves , Salt and 2 pinch of Turmeric in it.
- Now, boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now, drink it.
Drink Lemon-water :
Lemon is full of Vitamin C and Vitamin B. It contains citric acid , so acetic in nature. It is one of the best natural source of energy
- Take a glass of water.
- Add the juice of half lemon in it.
- Add a little honey and salt.
- Stir it well.
- Drink it at regular intervals until you recover completely.
Note: Do not give honey to children under 1 year of age.
Garlic is an anti-parasitic food that helps to deal with any type of intestinal worms.
- Take 3 cloves of raw garlic.
- Wash it well.
- You may remove its skin.
- Eat this cloves of garlic on an empty stomach.
Diagnosis & Prevention :
If you found any symptoms of cholera, you should contact your doctor. A doctor can confirm that you have cholera by identifying bacteria in a stool sample.
- Always drink bottle water or boiled water.
- Eat only fruit you have peeled.
- Avoid salads, raw fish, and uncooked vegetables.
- Ensure that food is thoroughly cooked.
- Eat homemade foods.
- Wash hand before eat.