Best way to do cobra pose – step by step
Exercise is one of the simplest and easiest way to reduce your excess weight, stress, meditating your body and make your body healthy and fit. Bhujangasana is also called Cobra Pose, stretches your muscles of your shoulders, abdomen and chest. It is one of the best exercise for those who are suffering from stomach problems, back pain, obesity, stress, headache, migraine e.t.c. Many doctors and people prefer yoga for a healthy life. It is very beneficial for to do in morning time with empty stomach.
There are many benefits of Bhujangasana. Some of the common benefits are :
- Increase the flexibility of your body.
- Strengthens your arms and shoulders.
- Make your muscles stretch specially of your shoulders , abdominal, and chest.
- Improves blood circulation of your body.
- Makes you fresh and fit.
- Improves your digestion.
- Reduce back pain.
- Get relief in stress,, headache and migraine.
- Helps to control irregular periods.
- It helps to Controls obesity.
- Relief from stomach problems like- acidity, indigestion.
- Helps to expand your chest.
How to do :-
Step 1 :-
Lying position :-
- Take a yoga mat.
- Lie down on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor.
- Make sure that your forehead is resting on ground.
Step 2 :-
Stretching your body :-
- Make stretch your body.
- Joint both your legs.
- Notice that your knees of legs touches each other.
Step 3 :-
Position of arms :-
- Place your palms under your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows parallel as well as close to the torso.
- Make sure that your elbow should be straight.
Step 4 :-
Breathing in :-
- Take a deep breath in.
- Lift your upper body parts like hands, neck, chest, shoulders in upward direction.
- Do it in slow motion.
- Keep your navel touch the floor.
Step 5 :-
Pull your torso back :-
- Slowly pull your torso back.
- In this pose you may helps your hand for support.
- Pull it back as much as you can.
Step 6 :-
Straighten your arms :-
- Straighten your arms by arching your back.
- Flex your hand back as much as you can.
- Now, look up.
Step 7 :-
Stretch your body :-
- Stretch your body as much as you can.
- Hold your breath for some time.
Step 8 :-
Breathing out :-
- Slowly breath out.
- Blow your stomach, shoulder, head and chest slowly to the ground.
Step 9 :-
- Keep your body relax in this position.
- Keep it for few seconds.
Step 10 :-
- Repeat this process 3 to 4 times daily.
- Those person who are suffered from ulcer, pregnancy or heart problems should not do this yoga pose.
- Practice this yoga pose under the guidance of expert.
- Don’t do this yoga pose in period.