Cryotherapy is a part of medical therapy where there is local or general use of low temperatures. It uses to treat lots of benign and malignant tissue damage, medically known as lesions.
This therapy is an application of extreme cold to destroy abnormal or disease tissue. In most cases it uses to treat skin conditions.
Mostly, this therapy is used for the treatment of pain that uses a method of localized freezing temperatures to deaden the irritated nerve. This therapy is also used to treat the localized areas of some cancers (called cryosurgery), and to treat abnormal skin cells by dermatologists.
With this therapy, you get relieve in muscle pain, sprains and swelling either by the soft tissue damage or postoperative swelling. This therapy is a range of treatments from which a very low technology application of ice packs or immersion in ice baths ( also called cold therapy) that is use to the cold chambers and face masks or body cuffs with controlled temperature.
What conditions can be treat with this therapy ?
This therapy is any types of treatment that involves the use of freezing or near-freezing temperatures. It is used to treat the conditions which is involve in irritation of the isolate nerve. The therapy include benign nerve growths and pinched nerves. Many types of nerve entrapment can often be treat with this therapy.
Generally, it is safe, but it is important to talk to a doctor before trying this therapy. This therapy may be harmful for pregnant women, children, people with severe high blood pressure and the people with heart conditions.
This therapy can be fatal for any longer than a few minutes.
Ten seconds summary :
Here are some key points about this therapy :
- This therapy is any types of treatment that involves the use of freezing or near-freezing temperatures.
- It uses most commonly to treat skin conditions.
- This therapy may be safe alternative treatment and preventative for many ailments.
- The therapy can unpleasant for those people who are unaccustomed to the cold.
- In some cases, some potential benefits are not yet proven.
What to expect :
- The most common form of this therapy is sitting in a cryotherapy-booth for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Some people apply cold to the face only ( called cryotherapy-facials ).
- While some people apply cold to target specific areas, such as a painful joint.
- Most of the people apply cold to target to refer to whole-body.
- Doctors uses this therapy for the very cold temperatures that can be use to freeze off warts or cancerous cells.
This therapy has many benefits, including :
Pain relief :
This therapy helps in pain including muscle pain, some joint and muscle disorders, such as arthritis. It helps to increase the blood circulation after the ice pack removes, promoting healing and pain relief.
Weight lose :
This therapy can support to lose your body weight. It can also increase metabolism of your body.
Reduced inflammation :
This therapy also used to reduce the inflammation ( the way through which the immune system fights with infection ). It could also improve overall health and reduce the risk of numerous chronic inflammation, which is linked to health problems, such as cancer, diabetes, depression, and arthritis.
Treat cancer :
This therapy also used to treat cancer. doctor use this therapy to freeze off cancer cells on the skin or cervix and occasionally to remove other cancers.
Treat migraine :
This therapy is also used to cure migraine ( a severe as well as a painful headache. Its headache affect one half of the head, are pulsating in nature, and last from 2 to 72 hours ).
Side Effects :
Generally, this therapy is safe. But, in some cases, it can leave the tissue affected with unusual sensations, such as numbness or tingling, or with redness and irritation of the skin. Mostly, its side effects are temporary.
Since the cold temperatures produced by evaporating liquid nitrogen, there increase the risk of inert gas asphyxiation and frostbite.