What kinds of a health problem are linked to overweight and obesity …
Obesity means the accumulation of too many fats in the form of adipose tissue occurs in the body. Overweight is a health hazard. According to a survey, the person who is 40% overweight is twice as likely to die prematurely as is an average-weight person. It generates several serious medical conditions, including:
- Heart disease and stroke
- High blood pressure
- Gallbladder disease and gallstones
How it linked to heart disease and stroke?
In most of the people, heart disease and stroke are the leading causes of death and disability. Overweight people make more likely to have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- High blood pressure: Blood is carried to all parts of your body in vessels called Arteries. Blood Pressure ( B.P. ) is the measurement of force applied to artery walls. It measured in the Bronchial Artery of the arm using an instrument, known as Sphygmomanometer. It is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg).In a new survey, one of every three adults is affected by high blood presser. Most people live being unaware for years that they have this life-threatening disorder. That’s why its called silent Killer.High B.P. ( Hypertension stage 1):-
- Systolic ( mmHg upper ) – 140 – 159
- Diastolic ( mmHg lower ) – 90 – 99
High B.P ( Hypertension stage 2 ) :-
- Systolic ( mmHg upper ) – 160 or higher
- Diastolic ( mmHg lower ) – 100 or higher
High B.P. Crisis ( seek emergency care):-
- Systolic ( mmHg upper ) – higher than 180
- Diastolic ( mmHg lower ) – higher than 110
Stroke is a medical emergency of brain attack that occurs due to the blood supply of a part of the brain is interrupted or severely reduced, depriving brain tissue of oxygen and nutrients.
The main cause of this attack is the blood supply of brain is either interrupt or reduced. Due to this, brain cells deprived of the oxygen, glucose, and nutrients needed to survive and starts to die.
According to a survey, approx 800,000 people are affected by this disease every year and someone dies from this disease in every 4 minutes.
How it linked to diabetes?
Diabetes is a Human Disease in which glucose is not sufficiently metabolized. It is a chronic condition having a high level of glucose in blood and urine. When you eat, your food is broken down into glucose. Glucose, which is a form of sugar, is the main source of fuel in your body. Your cell uses it for growth and energy. Insulin, a Harmon that is produced by Pancreas, helps to take glucose into the cell. In this, the quantity of glucose in the blood is reduced, because of your body either does not produce insulin or cell do not respond properly to the insulin produced by the pancreas.
Type 2 diabetes :
type 2 diabetes reduces the ability of your body to control blood sugar. A survey says that overweight people are twice as likely to develop type 2 diabetes compared to normal weight people.
In this body does not produce enough insulin for proper function or the cell of your body do not response properly to the insulin produced by the pancreas. Approximately 90% of diabetes are suffering from type 2 case.
In this case, the blood glucose level may be high because cell does not receive the message from metabolizing glucose.
It may control by healthy food diet, daily exercise, get weight loss… etc. Its another treatment is oral medications which make your cell more sensitive to the effect of insulin or stimulate more insulin production. It usually becomes noticeable in middle age.
How it linked to cancer?
Cancer, also called malignancy, is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It happens when bodies normal control mechanism stops working. There are about 100 different types of cancer in the world. Each of them is classified by the type of cell associated with it.
Some types of cancer associated with being overweight. They are including :
- Colon Cancer: Colon Cancer is the development of cancer in the colon (large intestine), the lower part of digestive system. While rectal cancer is the development of cancer in the last part of your colon. Together they both come with Colorectal Cancer.A colorectal cancer is a malignant tumor arising from the inner wall of the large intestine. It is also known as Bowel Cancer or Colon Cancer.
- Breast Cancer: Breast Cancer starts when breast cells begin to grow out of control. It is the result of mutation of the genes responsible for the growth and health of the cells in the body. This abnormal proliferation in breast cells is Breast Cancer.Breast Cancer cells may continue dividing without a halt resulting in a tumor that often appears on an x-ray or felt a lump. It is common to women but men are also susceptible to this cancer.
- Ovarian Cancer: Ovarian cancer is one of the most common causes of cancer death in women. This cancer forms in the ovary of women. It is an uncontrolled growth of cells in the tissues of the ovary that have the ability to spread to other parts of your body.Ovary cancer is difficult to detect, especially when it is in the early stages. Its symptoms may include bloating, pelvic pain, abdominal swelling, abdominal pain, back pain, pain during intercourse and loss of appetite.
The risk factors that help to develop ovary cancer are including family history, older age, reproductive history, and obesity. Those women who have never had children are also at the risk of this cancer.
How it linked to Arthritis?
Arthritis is a very common disease that may occur in people of all ages, sex & races. In fact, it is not a single disease. In general, people understand arthritis as joint pain in knees but is much more than that. It is the leading cause of disability in the USA.
According to a report, more than 50 million adults and 3 lakh children are suffering from some of the other forms of arthritis. It becomes more common and frequent with people who have crossed 40. Especially women are more vulnerable to this.
- Osteoarthritis – It is one of the most common types of arthritis. It involves the wear and tears damage to your joint’s cartilage. In some cases, if damage caused is more severe then bone grinding over bone may happen. The wear and tear occur due to aging or it may happen due to some prior injuries. Overweight people have extra pressure on their joints and wear away the cartilage that normally protects them.