Holy Basil is commonly name as Tulsi or Tulasi or queen of herbs. Its scientific name is Ocimum Tenuiflorum. It is a redolent and aromatic plant, from lamiaceae family. It contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K and other anti oxidants.
In Hindu, Tulsi plant is not only a plant but has a special significant in religion. It is found in almost every Indian household. Hindu worship Tulsi as goddess. Having a Tulsi plant in the house is the best way to get rid of negative energy floating around. It is believed that it improve the financial condition of house.
Types of Tulsi ( Holy Basil ) :-
There are different color and types of Tulsi. Some are of green color, some has light green , and some has dark green color, some has purple color. Here are some common types of basil :-
- Rama Tulsi Or Light holy Basil :- It has light green leaves and its size is large.
- Krishna Tulsi or Dark holy Basil :- It has dark green leaves
- Van Tulsi or Wild Leaf Holy Basil :- It contains wild leaves
- Lemon Basil :- It is one of the most common variety of Tulsi.
- Sweet Basil :- Its leaves are medium green color with rounded cup shaped. Its taste is sweet.
- Genovese Basil :- It has strong aromatic flavor.
- Thai sweet Basil :- It has small dark pointed leaves and it has purple flower.
- Purple Tulsi :- It contains a small and dark purple color leaves.
Benefits of Tulsi ( Holy Basil ) :-
Tulsi has got beautiful property. It’s regular use helps to nourish skin cells. It also improve blood circulation naturally. It is very useful in these diseases :-
- Common Cold :- Chewing raw leaves provides relief in common cold.
- Cough :- Gargling with it’s tea gives relief you in cough.
- Diabetes :- In Diabetes, it helps in lowering the blood sugar level.
- Eye Problems :- Gulp of five leaves everyday helps to reduce eye problems.
- Kidney stone :- Due to its anti bacterial property, is also useful in treating kidney stone.
- Pain Relief :- Juice of Tulsi leaves helps to reduce pain.
- Anti-cancer :- The vitamins and Anti-oxidants present helps to reduce Cancer cell.
- Anti-stress :- It helps in anti-stress.
- Fever :- Boiled water of it’s leaves, called Kadha helps in reduce body heat.
- Heart Disorder :- Regular cosumption of it helps in reduce heart disorder.
- Teeth Problems :- Chewing raw leaves relieves Teeth problem.
- Immune support :- It raise the human body immune by increasing the antibody production.
- Mouth ulcer :- Gargling with it’s tea relief you in mouth ulcer.
- Malaria and Dengue :- During the rainy season, when malaria and Dengue fever are widely spread, Tender leaves , boiled with tea, act as prevention against these leaves.
Tulsi Parts and its uses :-
Tulsi is a herb for all reason and all season.
Tulsi Leaves :-
- Paste of it’s leaves helps to fight in Pimples and Acne.
- Eating it’s leaves helps to reduce in common cold and fever.
- Used in making juice.
- Chewing it’s leaves helps in Teeth problem.
- Boiled water of it’s leaves, called Kadha, is best remedy for Cough.
Tulsi Flower :-
- Its flower helps in ayurvedic treatment.
- Used in making its juice.
- Make a paste of its seeds and apply it in your crack heels. It helps to get rid of crack heels.
Tulsi Stem :-
- The best use of Tulsi stream is to make its mala.
- Used in making Basil juice.
Tulsi Root :-
- Boil the mixture of jaitoon oil and Basil root and use it in your skin for relief in pain.
- Used in making Basil juice.
How to make Tulsi Juice :-
All parts like leaves, branch, roots, seeds and flower are used in preparation of its juice.
- Basil leaves
- Tender branches
- Tender roots
- Collect leaves, branch, roots, seeds and flower of Basil.
- Wash them well with water.
- Cut them in small pieces.
- Grind them until paste.
- Filter it with thin cotton cloth.
Now, your juice is ready for use.
Benefits of Tulsi Juice :-
- Helps to reduce Acne, Pimples and other skin problems like rashes.
- Regular use of its juice helps in reduce heart problem.
- Reduces blood circulation.
- Natural purifier of blood.
- Helps in reliving common cold.