What is condom?
A condom is a sheath-shaped barrier device, used during sexual intercourse. It provides a protection from pregnancy as well as sexually transmitted infection (STIs). There are both male and female condoms. It is effective, safe, easy to use and easy to get.
How do condoms work?
Condoms are made of latex (rubber), plastic (polyurethane, nitrile, or polyisoprene) or lambskin. It covers your penis during sexual intercourse and collects semen (cum). It stops sperms to meet up with egg.
There are a little or no side effects of using condoms. Some people that use latex, might feel irritation, but condoms also come in other materials such as nitrile, polyisoprene, polyurethane and lambskin. You can try a lubricant to decrease irritation.
Note: Only latex and plastic condoms get protection from STDs. Lambskin condoms do not protect against STDs.
Is it safe to use a condom to avoid pregnancy?
If you follow all the instructions of condoms and use them every time when having vaginal, anal, or oral sex, then there is very little chance of pregnancy, or getting an STD.
If you apply condoms perfectly, during every time when having sex, then it’s 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. A survey says that 15 out of 100 people who use condoms aren’t perfectly use and get pregnant each year.
If you always use condoms the right way then there’s a very few chance that you will get pregnant.
The effectiveness of condoms can be assessed two ways, including :
- Perfect use
The effectiveness of condoms also depends on :
- Expiration date : Condoms can dry, crack and doesn’t work well, if they’re old.
- Types of condoms : Only use the condoms made of latex and plastic, which preventing STDs. If you has allergy from latex, use polyurethane condoms instead.
- Environment : Keep condoms away from heat and light, It may break it.
- Rapper opening style : Open the rapper carefully by your hands, not your teeth.
- Wear two condoms : Don’t wear two condoms (female condoms and a male condoms) at the same time. It will not give you extra protection and thus less effective.
Click Here to know the effectiveness of V-Ring.