How to know that you have heat rashes :
Heat rashes is an irritation of the skin. It is caused by excessive sweating during hot and humid weather. It can occur at any age and gender. But it is most common in babies and children.
It occurs due to the blockage of sweat gland. When the sweat ducts are blocked the sweat cannot come to the skin surface to evaporate and becomes trapped under the skin and get rashes.
Heat rash looks like a red cluster of acne or small blisters. It is more likely to occur in the neck and upper chest, in the groin, under the breasts, and in elbow creases.
Heat rash usually appears as very small pinpoint bumps at the entrances to sweat glands. In some areas, there may be red or pink patches of skin.
Some people who are affected by heat rash are very itchy while others may have no irritating symptoms.
Here are common sign and symptoms of heat rash :
- Small red bumps: A small red bumps, called papules, occurs on your skin. It may itch or cause an intense, prickling sensation.
- Swelling: In this rash, a mild swelling occurs in your skin.
- Affects all body: It affects the different parts of your body at the same time. Usually, it occurs in face, neck, under the breasts, and under the scrotum. It also occurs in the skin or in areas of your body that rub against clothing, such as – your back, chest.
- Severe or painful: The heat rash is severe or painful. It doesn’t go away on its own, within few days.
- Sign of illness: If you have rashes then you get the sign of illness, such as – fever.
- Develop an infection: You develop an infection in the area where you recently had heat rash.