Worried with split ends of hair! Try these simple steps to remove it
Split End is a type of hair damage. It is caused by stress to the ends of hair. The stress can be from overuse of heat, rough brushing, pollution, improper hair accessories and chemical process.
How Split End Travel :-
It depends on the angle of split, the tear can reach fairly high up of hair shaft, but a majority of splits simply peel away or break off not far from or right where they originate. To be safe monitor the condition of your ends weekly and clip as needed. Steps of its travel is given bellow :-
Damaged Hair :-
- Split ends and missing cuticle.
Temporary Repair :-
- Split ends fix – silicone’s
- Cuticle patching – conditioner
- Temporary – all this stuff washes out
Damage is cumulative :-
- Split ends get larger, longer and wider
- Cuticle damage continues with time which means further damage to the shaft
- Get the scissors out
- Traditional Split :- It is the most common type of split end. It is the result of dryness, friction and a host of other causes.
- Baby Split :- It is the beginning of a normal split end. Hurry up and cut this type of split before it worsens.
- Double Y Split :- A traditional split, where the branches are forming new splits.
- Incomplete Split:-Rough styling causes the hair to weaken at a specific spot, but the hair fails to completely split.
- Deep Split :- Damage from chemical and physical manipulation cause the cuticle to peel as a specific spot.
- Taper :- Chemical damage cause the cuticle to gradually peel away leaving the cortex away.
- White Split :- The result of several chemical burns.
- Right Angle :- A band in the hair shaft at a specific point due to wearing the same hairstyle too often.
- Thickening :- Hormonal imbalance is one of its main cause .
- Long split :- Hair pins and other hair accessories cause the hair to weaken and split at a specific spot.
- Triple Split :- A weakened cuticle layer causes the cuticle to peel away from a strong cortex.
- Off shoot :- A cross between a band and a tangle that results from chemical/heat, environmental or physical damage.
- Crinkle :- The result of physically stretching the hair up to the breaking point or with chemicals / heat styling tools.
- Tree Split :- Cause of damage on one side of the hair shaft, usually from sun damage or frequently brushing the hair into a ponytail.
- Feather split :- The result of excessive hair coloring or infrequent trimming.
- Sun rays
- Lack of proper nutrients
- Rough brushing
- chemical process
- Do not brush your hair when it is wet.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Don’t use hot water to rinse your hair.
- Detangle your hair with a wide toothed comb.
- Moisturize your hair with oil.
- Conditioning your hair after shampoo.
- Use hair brushing having nylon bristles.
- Don’t forget to cover your hair with scarf while going out.
- Try to avoid excessive using of cosmetic products.
Natural Treatment :-
Hair Mask :-
- Aloe Vera – 1 leaf
- Onion – 2 pieces
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Cut the Aloe Vera leaf into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Grind small pieces of aloe vera with chopped onion , with the help of grinder.
- Take this paste in a pot.
- Add ghee, coconut oil and Castor oil in it.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Apply this paste on your hair by using a hair brush.
- Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After that wash your hair with shampoo.
- Don’t forget to apply conditioner after shampoo.
Note :- This hair mask replenish the hair root, provides intense nourishment and stops hair split end .
Some easy remedies for stop hair split end :-
- Use any of your favorite oil and massage your scalp for 5 to 10 minutes. This process enhances the delivery of nutrients and provides oxygen to the hair.
- Have food rich in iron, protein, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin-C and vitamin-E.
- Warm some coconut oil and while applying on your head give a massage to your hair. Wash your hair after 30 minutes.
- Crush 3 to 4 cloves of garlic. Mix 4 teaspoon of coconut oil in it and boil it for 2 minutes. Let it cool. Massage it on your scalp for 10 minutes. After that, leave it for 20 minutes. Now wash your hair with shampoo.
Note :- Click Here for best hair spa at home